A Century's Worth of Compliance Advice
- Room: 231-232
- Session Number:LR1a
Thursday, January 26, 2017: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
In 1917, vehicles sales were virtually unregulated. In 1940, only one piece of paper was needed to sell and finance a car. The retail auto industry may now be the most regulated in the U.S. What are dealers’ major obligations today and in the future? This session will review the myriad dealer regulations, why they exist and how to comply with them.
• Understand the history of the twenty-five most significant laws.
• Recognize how to comply with them based upon this understanding.
• Comprehend twenty pragmatic solutions that can be implemented on both an immediate and long-term basis.
• Discuss future compliancy insights.
• Understand a concise summary of these laws which can be used for future reference.