BBVA Compass Basketball Experience Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) Official Rules
This Sweepstakes is intended for participation by legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry and who are not NADA Conference (as defined below) exhibitors or vendors. Sweepstakes shall be construed and evaluated according to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void outside of the United States and where prohibited by law.
NO PURCHASE, LOAN OR CREDIT APPLICATION, DEPOSIT PRODUCT APPLICATION, TRANSACTION, OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, LOAN OR CREDIT APPLICATION, OR TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. NADA Conference exhibitors and vendors are not eligible to enter or win. Employees of BBVA Compass (“Sponsor”), and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, prize suppliers, the advertising and promotion agencies of Sponsor, and the immediate families (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the household of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside of the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes entry period begins February 28, 2018, at 8:30:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends March 25, 2018 at 2:30:00 PM PST (“Sweepstakes Period”). There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period: (1) Online Entry and (2) Conference Entry.
Entry Cap: Regardless of the method of entry, there is an entry cap of one (1) entry per person.
a. Online Entry: Eligible persons will have the opportunity to click on a link (bbvacompass.com/go/basketball) directing you to complete a simple questionnaire. Once on the website, follow the instructions to complete the online questionnaire. You will be required to verify that you are twenty-one (21) years age at the time of entry and a legal resident of the United States before being allowed to complete the questions. Complete the questions only once. Answers to the questions will not affect your ability to participate or win. After following the link, completing the questions and submitting your entry information as directed by the online instructions, one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes will be submitted automatically on your behalf. Entries received online via the Internet must be received between 8:30:00 AM PST on March 9, 2018 and no later than 2:30:00 PM PST on March 25, 2018 (“Online Entry Period”) in order to be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
Conference Entry: Eligible persons who are registered for the NADA Conference scheduled for March 23, 2018 through and including March 25, 2018 located at the 3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV (“NADA Conference”) will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes by visiting the Sponsor’s booth, competing a simple questionnaire regarding your treasury services and permitting a Sponsor employee to scan your NADA Conference badge during the NADA Conference. Answers to the questions will not affect your ability to participate or win. Entries received at the NADA Conference must be received between 8:30:00 AM PST on March 23, 2018 and no later than 2:30:00 PM PST on March 25, 2018 (“Conference Entry Period”) in order to be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
3. Drawing: On March 25, 2018, an employee of Sponsor will randomly draw one (1) entry from among all eligible entries received (a “Potential Winner” and, if verified, a “Winner”). Potential Winner will be eligible to win the Sweepstakes prize, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
4. Odds: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. Sweepstakes Prize (1 available): An American Airlines gift card worth $2,000.00 USD redeemable for travel on American Airlines within 12 months from the date of issuance of the American Airlines gift card; a Hilton gift card worth $1,800.00 USD redeemable for a stay only at participating Hilton properties; and an official check payable to the winner in the amount of $1,000.00 USD. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,800.00 USD.
Total ARV of all prizes: $4,800.00
6. Prize Restrictions: Prizes are not transferable. Airfare not included. All travel participants must be twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of travel. American Airlines gift card must be redeemed for travel on American Airlines and is subject to American Airlines Gift Card Terms and Conditions available at https://giftcards.aa.com/terms.jsp. Travel with the American Airlines gift card must be completed within 12 months from the date of issuance of the American Airlines gift card. Hilton Hotel gift card may only be redeemed at participating Hilton properties and subject to the terms and conditions available at http://www.americanexpress.com/HiltonTerms Hilton Gift Card may be subject to expiration. A valid U.S. Passport is required for all persons traveling outside of the United States by air and Sponsor will not provide any reimbursement for the cost to obtain a US Passport. No substitution permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will not be reissued and are not refundable or replaceable. No travel services will be provided by Sponsor. Limit one (1) prize per person/household
7. Winner Notification: All potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or email, and will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, Internal Revenue Service Form W-9, and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (including use of winner’s photo, to be provided by winner at Sponsor’s request), all of which must be returned within ten (10) days of receipt of prize notification or the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, if prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, if all required documents are not returned within the specified time period or if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, may be awarded to an alternate winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
8. Limitation of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to: a.) these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and b.) release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, American Airlines, Hilton NADA Conference and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies and each of the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the aforementioned entities (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any liability, claims, or damages arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of their participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of the prize. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to, where legal, Sponsor’s and its designees’ use of his/her name, city and state of residence, the fact that he/she entered the Sweepstakes during the NADA Conference, if applicable, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will provide consent to such use in writing. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that: a.) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event shall a participant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures at its discretion.
9. Additional Terms: Releasees are not responsible for computer, network, printing, typographical, human or other errors, problems, or other malfunctions relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes, the processing of entries, product activations or transactions, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, damaged, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, illegible, or postage- due mail or entries, or transactions; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system for any reason; or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephonic, paper-transfer, or human error, or electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction, damage, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or infection by computer viruses, bugs, or tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, actions of entrants, technical failures, or any other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes and, if cancelled or terminated, at its sole discretion, to randomly award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the action requiring such modification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant who tampers with or abuses any aspect of this Sweepstakes or who is in violation of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By entering, all entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. NADA, American Airlines and Hilton are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Birmingham, Alabama.
10. Winner List: For the name of the winner (available after March 31, 2018), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: BBVA Compass, 15 South 20th Street, Mail Code: AL-BI-CH-TMS, Suite 1502, Birmingham, AL 35233. Winner list requests must be received no later than June 30, 2018. The winner list will be sent when the final drawing has been conducted and the winner has been verified.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Compass Bank d/b/a BBVA Compass, 15 South 20th Street, Birmingham, AL 35233.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE, LOAN OR CREDIT APPLICATION, DEPOSIT PRODUCT APPLICATION, TRANSACTION, OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, LOAN OR CREDIT APPLICATION, OR TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You have not yet won. ENTRY DEADLINE: March 25, 2018 at 2:30 PM PST
11. PRIZE: An American Airlines gift card worth $2,000.00 USD redeemable for travel on American Airlines within 12 months from the date of issuance of the American Airlines gift card. A Hilton gift card worth $1,800.00 USD redeemable for a stay only at participating Hilton properties. An official check payable to the winner in the amount of $1,000.00 USD. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,800 USD.
See Official Rules above for complete details, including entry deadlines and prize restrictions. Sponsor: Compass Bank d/b/a BBVA Compass, 15 South 20th Street, Birmingham, AL 35233.