Auto Dealerships Sell More Units with C.A.R.S.
CrossCheck's Auto Industry RDC Solution (C.A.R.S.) helps auto dealerships increase sales and mitigate risk while saving time and money.
What is C.A.R.S.?
C.A.R.S. is a suite of check guarantee solutions that includes three essential CrossCheck services: Remote Deposit Capture (a type of electronic check processing), Multiple Check (a future deposit function), and Check on Delivery (to pre-approve check payments for deliveries over the phone).
How Does C.A.R.S. Work?
C.A.R.S. uses Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) to accept, process and automatically deposit guaranteed checks into auto dealership accounts.
RDC provides the framework for the consumer-friendly Multiple Check service (accepting up to four guaranteed checks for one sale or down payment) as well as Check on Delivery (guaranteed payment of delivered parts).
At the dealership, paper check payments are processed with RDC before being transmitted to CrossCheck in five easy steps:
- Check data is captured in a desktop imager connected to a computer, terminal or register.
- The dealership enters additional consumer and purchase information as needed.
- The consumer signs a receipt, acknowledging the electronic processing of their check(s).
- The check is returned to the consumer or stamped “VOID” and retained for store records.
- The check data is uploaded to CrossCheck as an image file, then deposited in the dealership’s account (usually within 72 hours).
Who uses C.A.R.S.?
C.A.R.S. is a popular service among new and used car dealerships as well as businesses with similar needs (e.g. power sports and heavy equipment dealers).
What are the Benefits of C.A.R.S.?
C.A.R.S. helps auto dealerships increase sales and mitigate risk while saving time and money by eliminating claims submissions, bank visits to deposit checks, missed deposit dates, the collection of bad checks, and more:
- A wider acceptance of checks and fewer administrative returns.
- 24/7 processing, transaction reporting and review, and tech support.
- Eliminate returned check claims and funding delays.
- Green-friendly paperless recordkeeping and processing.
- Loaner equipment available at no additional charge.
- Consolidated reporting and banking.
The Multiple Check and Check on Delivery services provide additional benefits.
Multiple Check allows buyers to drive vehicles home on the purchase date without credit or credit checks, and simultaneously, enables dealerships to complete a sale. The service is easy to use.
Consumers write up to four checks for one sale or down payment, all with the same purchase date. Auto dealerships deposit the checks over a specific window (usually 30 days) on dates selected by consumers, then receive guaranteed funding from CrossCheck as each check is deposited.
Check on Delivery
COD offers the flexibility and security of pre-approving checks over the phone without having the actual check in hand. The service is tailor-made for delivered auto parts because payments are guaranteed before the delivery trucks roll. Here’s how it works.
The parts department receives an authorization number after entering the estimated sale amount and the customer’s phone number on CrossCheck’s online portal. Drivers deliver the order and pick up a check payment. Back at the dealership, the check data is captured with desktop imagers and is sent to CrossCheck via its online portal where dealers enter the final amount and check number. The payment is now guaranteed by CrossCheck.
Auto dealerships nationwide — from one store operations to those with multiple locations — are leveraging C.A.R.S. into improved sales, reduced risk and happier customers.